- Your feet
That’s a joke, I’m not a fan of feet.
- You always know what to say. Whether it’s to calm my anxieties or to make me laugh.
- You think logically. This probably goes along with #1, but you don’t let your mind get ahead of itself. You don’t let worries or crazy thoughts cloud your judgement (unlike your wife).
- You always say “yes” to me. I’m spoiled and I know it. But thank you for putting my happiness first even if it means you have to play Qwirkle with me for the 50th time in one week (and lose to me AGAIN).
- You are a great dad. Our children are so incredibly lucky to not only have a hard working dad but one who loves them completely, who puts them first and who wants them to know what is truly important in life.
- You are forgiving. But not only forgiving, but you don’t harp on my shortcomings, you don’t bring up past wrongs.
- You’re good with your hands (keep your minds out of the gutter, friends!). You know how to fix things, take care of our house, garden, you’re an amazing artist, you are able to create something out of nothing.
- You are passionate about your beliefs and convictions. You aren’t swayed by what society wants if you.
- You are a good person. It’s just who you are, right to your core.
- You love food almost as much as I love food. I love trying new foods with you and I love when you make me breakfast burritos.
Well that’s 9 things, I can’t think of anything else. But you’re an okay guy.
Just kidding, here are 5 more.
- You’re smart (smarter than me even!). You are a wealth of knowledge and I’m always pleasantly surprised by some of the things you know.
- You’re funny (but not funnier than me). And even more so, you’re incredibly silly, people would be so surprised if they knew just how goofy you are.
- You see life as an adventure and you’re always ready to go on one, either on vacation or simply a hike in the woods, searching for creatures in the stream.
- You’re always willing to get me water and/or food, even if you’re tired. Simply put: you put me first.
- You take pride in your work (as you should, you create beautiful spaces) and at the same time you remain humble.
Hopefully that’s 14 things, I’m not good at counting. It’s our 6th Valentine’s Day. I remember one year I told you not to get me anything and you listened! I’m glad you’re no longer that naive. I love you, Charles-y.