What a great year! I usually like to go back through the year and do a recap of major events or fun adventures but I haven’t had the time to do so. Josh has been off of work for nearly 2 weeks and we’ve spent a lot of time playing games, reading, coloring, playing with the kids and just relaxing. On top of that, Peyton has a double case of pink eye and an underlying virus of some sort, she’s been battling high fevers.
But I do want to bid a farewell to 2015, because it was a pretty great year. Here are a few things (the list could go forever) that stand out to me:
- Peyton was born! She came swiftly into the world on a cold and snowy night, face up ready to greet this world. She immediately stole our hearts.
- Henry turned 3! He learned so much this year, it’s amazing to see what his brain catches on to so quickly.
- We went on vacation to Michigan and enjoyed the beach.
- Josh and I celebrated 4 years of marriage.
- We welcomed 3 new nieces and 2 new nephews.
- I read 63 books!
- My new website launched!
Here’s a look ahead at 2016:
- House improvements: paint our bedroom/buy furniture, shelving for the kitchen and laundry room
- Henry’s first year of little league
- 5 years of marriage!
- Trips: TBD
- Photography self-education
- Henry will start preschool in the fall
- We will begin our 12 months of dates (one of Josh’s Christmas gifts from me was a packet of envelopes with 1 planned date a month! We are very excited for these adventures! I hope to do a a series of blogs or at least one at the end of the year detailing this adventure)
And lastly, some resolutions:
- Daily prayer
- Set aside anger, lead with love
- Read 75 books
- Become organized/less clutter
- Healthy body, healthy mind